Region: South America
Ministry Focus: Teaching English
About the Ministry Site:
Youth Missions International in Peru is currently working in three different locations across the country- Lima, the jungles and Puno in the mountains. In all three locations the interns will be coming alongside the local missionary to serve the people of Peru.
Lima, located on the Coast, is the main location of YMI Peru and is where you would be ministering with several schools and churches doing children’s ministry and teaching English.
The second location is in the Amazon jungles of Peru. Here you would be doing basic VBS and evangelism through sports.
The last location is Puno, located in the high mountains of Peru, where park ministry and street ministry would be carried out by the intern and the locals. Coming to serve in Peru, you will be involved in relationships, discipleship ministry and working with children in different cultural settings. Note: Must have a basic knowledge of Spanish.
List of Responsibilities:
- Working with children and youth – mentoring and teaching English at a private Christian school (4 hours daily)
- Working with youth – small groups English conversation
- Preparing devotionals for in-country mission trips (optional)
- Preparing Bible Lessons for kids (street ministry)
- Working on new English Curriculum to use as an evangelistic tool
- Office Work - YMI Peru main office
Skills you will develop:
- Working with children of different ages
- Working with children, youth, and young adults in different cultural settings
- Learning how to effectively evangelize in a cross-cultural environment
- Time management - multi-tasking in a ministry setting
- Developing discipleship skills
- Gaining fluency in the Spanish language
Trip Length: 1 month to 2 years
*Select the approximate length of your trip below to see sample price at the top of the page. Prices may vary based on your customized experience.