Ministry Focus: Teaching English
About the Ministry Site:
Awana Korea is looking for native English speakers to assist them in their English teaching ministry during the summer season. Each year, hundreds of children are impacted by their large English Camp and mini-camps that take place from June-August. During your time there, you will help Awana Korea develop and print the curriculum used to teach English during the large camp, while also assisting mission teams that come run mini-camps as they reach out to the people of that country. You will be treated as a member of the staff while there - giving you invaluable ministry experience. Many of our interns who go continue returning each summer as they grow to become part of the Awana Korea family. Note: Korean language skills are encouraged but not necessary.
To see an approximate cost of your internship, select trip length below:
List of Responsibilities:
- Working with children and youth – mentoring and teaching English at a private Christian school/church (hours vary)
- Working with children/youth – small groups English conversation
- Working on new English Curriculum to use as an evangelistic tool - especially for the current year's English Camp toward the end of your time in-country
- Office Work- Awana Korea office
Skills you will develop:
- Working with children of different ages
- Working with children, youth, and young adults in different cultural settings
- Learn how to effectively evangelize in a cross-cultural environment
- Time management learning how to multi-task in a ministry setting
- Curriculum and program development
Trip Length: 2-3 months, Summer only.