Ministry Focus: Children’s Ministry
About the ministry site:
In the heart of Africa, Zambia boasts lush vegetation, abundant wildlife, and very friendly people. This English-speaking nation, once a colony of Britain, is a clash of progress and wilderness. A country very open to spirituality, Zambia is very open to opportunities to share the Gospel.
While in Zambia you will work alongside the Awana organization and their National Director and Area Missionary. As you work with their ministry, you will be able to assist churches to reach children with the message of Jesus Christ. Students will have the chance to use their skills, passions and education to enhance the local ministry in Zambia.
List of Responsibilities:
- Helping with the day to day office tasks of Awana ministry
- Involved in club visitations and other institutions
- Outreach programs with local churches.
- Discipleship programs with ministry teams
- Using special skills or passions to enhance the Awana Zambia Ministry.
- Involved in Leader Based Model Programs.
- Teaching in church run schools
- Outreach to schools through HIV prevention, using the Reach for Life program
Skills you will develop:
- Adapting to a different culture and learning new ways to minister
- Planning and leading rural and large-scale children’s ministry
- Developing discipleship relationships cross-culturally
- Teaching from and developing curriculum
Trip Length: Anytime between March and December
*Select the approximate length of your trip below to see sample price at the top of the page. Prices may vary based on your customized experience.